Bariatric surgery is not for everyone, but if you have more than 100 pounds to lose and have exhausted all other options, weight loss surgery may be an option.
You MAY be a candidate for bariatric surgery at WINH if you are:
- Morbidly obese with a Body Mass Index (BMI) over 40 or a BMI equal to or greater than 35 with an associated medical complication of obesity such as, cardiovascular disease, type II diabetes and sleep apnea
- More than 100 pounds over ideal body weight
You are NOT a candidate for bariatric surgery at WINH if you are:
- Under the age of 18
- Have significant cardiac and pulmonary conditions
- A patient who has had organ failure or an organ transplant
- Non-ambulatory (You must be able to walk without assistance)
If you are not a candidate for bariatric surgery, or surgery is not the right option for you, WINH also offers non-surgical weight loss options to help you gain control, and reach your goal of a healthy weight.
Bariatric Information Sessions
If you are a candidate for bariatric surgery, and you would like to learn more, we encourage you to attend a free information session or contact a WINH bariatric representative at firstname.lastname@example.org or (603) 527-2946 for more information.